CHRISTMAS FOR THE CITY 2022
Sunday, December 11 following worship
We are excited for our 8th annual Christmas for the City. This year we will again be building walls for four houses with Habitat for Humanity, continue our relationship with Kids’ Meals, Inc. to pack 4000 lunches for preschoolers and be making family kits for Houston Welcomes Refugees.
- 9:30 a.m. Worship
- 11 a.m. Check-in and enjoy lunch catered by Demeris BBQ
- 11:30 a.m. Welcome and prayer in the Courtyard
- 11:45 a.m. Work projects begin
- 2 p.m. Kids’ Meals and Refugee kits finished, load and deliver
- 4:30 p.m. Habitat wrap-up and clean-up
Wear your Christmas for the City t-shirt and construction attire to start building right after worship and lunch. Christmas for the City T-shirts ($10) will be available for purchase Sunday mornings starting November 27.
WHO CAN SERVE:
- Children ages 4-15 will have the opportunity to package lunches for Kids’ Meals, make family kits, work on crafts and write prayers on the Habitat home build boards
- Adults and students ages 16 and older can serve on the wall build or be crew leaders for packaging lunches, wrap and label toys and crafts
- Adults may serve on a hospitality team to provide refreshments to all of our volunteers
- Childcare will be available for ages 3 and under. Please select this option during the online registration process
HOW TO GIVE:
- Your generous contributions will help us reach our financial goal of $35,000 to make these projects a reality for families in our city. You may give online or with a check made payable to Grace (it is important to note “Christmas for the City” on the memo line). You can also contribute on Sunday mornings in the courtyard.
Here are some suggested ways to give:
- Walls for four houses: Single boards for $25, a room for $1500, or an entire house for $7500
- 5,000 lunches: 20 lunches for $30, 200 lunches for $300 or 500 lunches for $750
- 100 welcome kits: Buy 1/2 a welcome kit for $50, 1 welcome kit for $100, or 2 welcome kits for $200
- A financial contribution of your choice.
- Pray for Christmas for the City. Pray that people may be moved during worship and blessed by the children and students performing that day. Pray also for good weather, smooth logistics and that the recipients receiving Habitat homes and Kids’ Meals would see the face and love of Jesus through these efforts.
- Decorate bags for kids’ meals. As we prepare for the event, please bless our families by picking up a stack of brown lunch bags, decorating them (no stickers please) and returning them to the Welcome Center before December 10. The bags are available for pick up in the Connection Center in a bin marked “Kids’ Meals.”
Register HERE for Christmas for the City and the Demeris BBQ lunch ($12).